Saturday, March 21, 2009

Momentous Day -- #2

Well, you read it here first: Daughter #1 lost her second tooth this morning!

As opposed to the first tooth, this one bled a bit -- scaring her a little, and she mentioned she was chewing gum and almost swallowed the tooth... but she is proudly wearing it in her tooth necklace (taped shut) and I know she is excited for the Tooth Fairy to visit.

The Tooth Fairy is pretty generous with her -- she gets $1 plus a quarter for each year she is old... so she is excited to save for a toy. I am so glad that it is out! It was hanging by a thread, and Daddy just wanted to yank on it ;^)* I just didn't want her to misplace it or swallow it because I hate those disappointed tears. Thankfully, she didn't!

I am very stressed as of late: my DH is working on contract in a new field for him, and we are doing better than we were on unemployment, but I am concerned because there are no health benefits with the job, and I am not sure long-term what is going to happen with the benefits we are on. I am sure that so many Americans are in the position that we are in that it is giving me great solace and a huge amount of humility in being in our situation. I find myself praying a lot.

We are keeping things simple around here -- or trying to -- but life does get complicated. I am working to transform my house (hard to deal with the possessions and clutter of 4 people who love STUFF), my own career/work (technical writing and application development for mobile devices), and supporting my husband's work and interests... and then I have a friend who is going through a transition and I am trying to find my place within that. And it is all harder than it sounds. Oh, and top that off with huge transformation around diet and eating -- and well, I am not at my best game right now!

Sigh.

Bloggging though -- gotta do more of that. Why? Dunno. Writing is good for me. This is a diary, I guess -- but with the ability for folks to see it and post comments. Maybe someone will. Anyway -- I am just happy for my little one -- a bit sorry for me at the moment, and wanting more fun. Anyone else in the same position? Type a comment and share, please!

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    Life can throw curve balls...Nice to be able to see your blog. Would love to keep in touch even after our move. We're set to move in two days! We've downsized a lot which actually feels really good. Anyway I'll be checking back and hope to hear more how you're doing.
    -Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the tooth fairy! Glad those teeth finally came out.

    Hang in there, Julie. Although it isn't quite spring here yet, in your neck of the woods I'm know it's in full force. Spring is a time of renewal and growth and promise for the future. Find all the joy you can out of where you are now, and know that things will get better.

    ReplyDelete